1. whoever breaks the traffic rules must be p .
2. everyone arrived at school on time e tim because he was ill.
3. my test is on tuesday. i am r my lessons.
4. kate can't go to bed though she is very s because she hasn't finished her homework.
5. the famous star didn't appear. that d his fans.
6. let's go to the library this afternoon if you have s time.
7. linda, you have been ill for two days. i think you should be e by a doctor.
8. this morning i o . i woke up at 8:00 and was late for school.
9. the bottle is e . there is nothing in it.
10. a child of many talents is s seen in our small town. carla is the only one.
1. a dream of red mansions is one of the four greatest _______(小说) in china.
2. your quick action _______(阻止) a serious accident. you are great!
3. although i am a volleyball star now, i _______(更喜欢) football to volleyball when i was a child.
4. i like fishing and i often go fishing with other _______(渔民).
5. my parents are both _______(教练). they train their players every day.
6. the mobile phone is so expensive that dale can't _______(买得起) it.
7. chen qiyu from tsinghua university won the 21st century _______(国家的) english speaking competition.
8. we have _______(面试) 20 people for the job but no one is right for it.
9. just now he _______(提到) that he was interested in working abroad.
10. would you mind me _______(抽烟) here, madam?
11. all of his _______(亲戚) went to his birthday party.
12. this factory _______(生产) lots of silk quilts every year.
13. when the water _______(烧开), add the rice.
14. there are many different kinds of _______(网站) on the internet but some aren't good for teenagers.
15. it's impossible to cut the paper with the old _______(剪刀).
lock, wide, customer, medicine, direct, suggest, comfortable, overcome, cost, weigh
1. this kind of pen usually _______ four yuan. i have enough money for it.
2. that man is heavy and he is twice my _______.
3. i remember _______ the door when i left. why is it open now?
4. the shopping center has good service. lots of _______ would like to shop there.
5. english is spoken more _______ than chinese although the number of people who speak chinese is the largest.
6. vaccine case (疫苗案) was one of the worst _______ events in 2018.
7. in the end, she _______ her shyness and gave a speech in front of the crowd.
8. the film is wonderful and its _______ is very famous in china.
9. i find this chair _______. i want to change it for another one.
10. what should i do now? can you give me some _______?
1. she is lying on the bed enjoying the _______(warm) of the sun.
2. they had a(n) _______(agree) never to talk about work at home.
3. my diaries remind me of my joys and _______(sad) in the middle school life.
4. do you know the correct _______(pronounce) of this english word?
5. her speech was a clear _______(express) of her opinions on this subject.
6. tim's grandfather has been _______(die) for about five years. he still misses him.
7. i met two visitors from _______(german) at london gatwick airport last sunday.
8. unluckily, something _______(value) was stolen in the science museum.
9. he studies so hard that he avoids _______(regret) after graduation.
10. is your knee sill _______(pain)? you should go to the hospital and get an x-ray.
11. marcus had fun _______(process) tea last summer vacation.
12. she saw some clothes _______(burn) when she passed the forest. she felt scared.
13. on my seventh birthday, my teacher mr. zhang gave me a _______(music) instrument.
14. reading more would be very _______(help) to everyone.
15. in western countries, it's _______(polite) to ask a person how old he or she is .
in that case, drive sb. crazy, by accident, separate from, look up, set out, without doubt,
go out of one’s way, drop by, be known for
1. you should __________ new words in a dictionary after reading, not during reading.
2. my friend didn't answer my phone at first, but later we met __________ in the shopping center.
3. we all know that anhui __________ mt. huangshan.
4. they plan to __________ at six and hope to arrive before dark.
5. i visited my grandma last week and she __________ to make dumplings for me.
6. every day too much homework __________. i can't stand it anymore.
7. the book has been, __________, one of the most interesting books i have read so far.
8. you don't like eating out. __________, let's cook at home.
9. yesterday he just __________ to see if i was still working in the office.
10. girls must be __________ boys. they can't stay in one room.
pity, without, never, give up, uncomfortable, when, yourself, courage, goal, succeed
once an excellent swimmer set a goal for herself. she decided to swim across the english channel. if she could (1)_______, she would be the first person to do that in the world. on that day, she jumped into the sea and swam towards the opposite bank (2)_______ any protection. during the journey, she met strong wind, heavy rain and big waves. although she was tired and felt (3)_______, she still went on swimming. but in the end, she had to (4)_______ her journey. and she didn't know that the opposite bank was only one mile away (5)_______ she gave up.
later she was asked the reason. she said, “the reason why i gave up is that i couldn't see how close i was to the end.” it was a great (6)_______ that one mile broke her dream.
starting when we were young children, too many success stories are told to us about (7)_______ and persistence (坚持) leading to success. but we are (8)_______ told where to find courage and persistence. you can only have courage and persistence when you know where your (9)_______ is. and that's because only when you know where your goal is, can you prepare (10)_______ well.
a life without a goal is like a ship without a compass (罗盘). it goes nowhere. there is no courage or persistence in a life without goals.
责编 | 杨宁
审稿 | 李栋
校稿 | 吕放